[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] ICANN Policy -- revised version

You learn the strangest things when you click on my little links
way down at the bottom. Such as, from the ICANN glossary:

"ICANN is a global non-profit corporation formed to oversee
a select range of Internet technical management functions
currently managed by the U.S. Government, or by its
contractors and volunteers.  Between now and September
2000.  ICANN is gradually taking over responsibility for
coordinating the assignment of protocol parameters, the
management of the domain name and root server systems,
and the allocation of IP address space."

Of course, the "taking over" still applies, but the "select range
of Internet technical management functions" has been blown
all to hell.  To straighten all that out and get back on course
is why the GA is here, and it shall happen.

How?  To quote my son James, "One can change the minds of
three beggars before one can even impress the King."  All us
beggars just get together and do it -- we have superiority of
numbers, among whom are some who also have connections.

Bill Lovell