[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] ICANN Policy -- revised version

On 2001-06-18 21:19:22 -0400, L Gallegos wrote:

>Let me just say that I would prefer to discuss serious issues
>without the insults and sarcasm attached.  We have not
>misconfigured anything or pretend anything.

I didn't say you have a misconfigured intranet out there.

I just said that these exist, that they may smell like alternative
TLDs when you hold your nose close enough to them, and that they
have to be distinguished somehow from "operational" ones, to use
your choice of words.  I said this to make the point that not
everything which quacks like a TLD on some name servers also is one
 from a certain point of view.

I also didn't say you pretend anything.

I just said that I find your kind of argument unsatisfying when used
by someone who says she doesn't pretend anything.

But anyways, maybe you just tell us what your idea of an
"operational" TLD when you say:

>I speak only for myself here.  However, I certainly would not
>expect ICANN to adopt every "create on the fly" TLD.  I don't even
>recall saying that ICANN should have to adopt all TLDs.  I have
>consistently said that ICANN should, under no circumstances
>duplicate an existing operational TLD.

Thanks.

P.S.: It would be nice if you wouldn't send duplicate copies (even
with a new message-id) of replies to my personal address.
--
Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/