[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] How the sky might fall

Page and all,

Page Howe wrote:

> As more of a reader of the list, thank you for the clarification of the
> incorrect factual information.

  Thank you for correctly pointing out WXW's incorrect statement.  However
most of us on this forum are well aware of WXW's shortcomings in this amongst
a host of other areas....

>   Taking me back to domain names 101 am i correct in saying that the root
> which ICANN "runs" is simply a list of the name servers on which to find the
> server names and locations for a specific top level domain like .uk?

  Let us not forget that ICANN does not yet "Run" the Legacy/USG roots...

> And further the ICANN/IANA function is to maintain that list.

  Exactly!

> Page Howe
> www.kidsdomains.org

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827