RE: [ga] your comments

> I think InternetNZ deserves a lot of credit for refusing to be coerced
> into a bad agreement in this way.

In the last month or two we refused to pay anything to ICANN and instead we
are putting the money into escrow. This will be released based on several
outcomes that are fully within ICANN's control.

> Frankly, that ICANN is refusing to carry out the functions of IANA
> unless you agree to their coercion seems to me to be a failure by them
> to live up to their obligations under the IANA functions.

It is an utter joke. As David Farrar said we are getting letters to a wrong
office and PO Box half way across the city and incorrect phone numbers
listed.

InternetNZ is an incorporated society with employees and a 'ruling' council.
Yet we are unable, after repeated request over the last year (or more), to
get simple address details changed.

Joe claims they are under funded... heck, if they cant do a simple 30 minute
process, of which 25 minutes is checking that we are who we say we are and 3
minutes to do the actual change and 2 minutes to check to see no typos what
is another million or two per year going to do?

Steven Heath
Treasurer
InternetNZ