[ga] Domains and IP

William X Walsh wrote:

>Friday, May 31, 2002, 3:29:36 PM, todd glassey wrote:
>

>>William this is obliviously a typo on my part, but it gave you something to
>>slam me on, so what the hell right?
>>

>>If you continued to read that and other commentary from me you would have
>>found that I was saying that the Registrar acts only as a "'publishing
>>agent' for expressed purpose of providing public resolution of the
>>contracted mark on the Internet.
>>

>And this assumes that a domain name is automatically some sort of
>protected mark.
>
>THAT is what I was correcting you on, and have done so repeatedly on
>this list.

You contend that domain names are not marks, yet there is something
called a UDRP.  Seems the World Intellectual Property Organization
disagrees with you... only where it suits their purposes (and clients)
of course.

So, before you continue raving that domains are not IP to Todd (or
anyone else on this list), perhaps you should turn your hand to
convincing the IP lawyers that domain names are not protected marks.

IANAL but neither is William Walsh.

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos