Re: [ga] your comments

Joe Sims wrote:

> 1.  Lots of people have spent lots of time reacting
> to Lynn's paper. Indeed, it is absolutely clear
> that the vast majority of people involved in the
> ICANN process agreed with its diagnosis of problems
> almost entirely,

Woohoo! We actually have consensus on something.

> while there was lots more debate and disagreement
> on the prescription for solutions.

Yes.

> Where we got relatively little reaction was from
> the byfields and similar professional ICANN critics,
> who have lots of time to carp and either an
> unwillingness or an inability to contribute in
> any productive way to the debate.

I'd say things like the NAIS report, various comments
from groups like EFF, CPtech, CDT, ... and analyses
by people like Froomkin would be highly productive
contributions, if the board bothered to listen.

Granted, some of the crtics do rave a bit now and
then, and a few are outright loons. That's not an
excuse for rejecting serious criticism, dismissing
it as non-productive carping.