Re: [ga] Request for a Clarifying Vote

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Roessler" <roessler@does-not-exist.org>
: >We should probably have a GA vote on different possible consensus
: >positions on the issue of elections.
:
: New and intelligent arguments may have more impact than another vote
:  from the very GA which just asked for a re-bid.
:

   Even old intelligent arguments are important.  Evidence of what is the
consensus  is important, regardless of the novelty of the position.   Noise
on the GA list is interesting, I guess, but results of these votes can be
much more important.   If there is a large supermajority view on the issue
of how the board is elected, that would be significant, in Bucharest.

Jamie

PS.... Motion 2 also addressed the issue of a rebid, as you know.