Re: [ga] Request for a Clarifying Vote

Wait on the voting for a minute...

Bret Fausett's put together a simple and I think very acceptable "Case
for (Only Mild) Reform".

Do we, the GA, agree with Bret's proposals? If not, why not? (And in
that case what modifications do you propose?)

Rather than voting on anything right now I suggest we see if the GA can
come up with improvements to Bret's proposals. Once that simple task's
done... we can vote them up or down.

See
<http://www.lextext.com/icann/2002/05/24.html#a366> Cost-Effective,
Trustworthy Global Election

<http://www.lextext.com/icann/2002/05/23.html#a364> The Case for (Only
Mild) Reform

<http://www.lextext.com/bretsbylaws.html> Redline bylaws

<http://www.lextext.com/bretsmission.html> Redline Mission Statement

Most contentious issue for me is 6 vs. 9 for At Large representation.
Spent a lot of time on this with NAIS (*I am now speaking for myself*)
thinking about this and trying to defend 9, but now, I could accept 6.
Particularly if the ccTLDs (as represented in Bret's model) were to
ensure a fair voice for end users.

At Large of 6, plus a Canadian CIRA-like system would be work for to me.

Thanks,

Adam

James Love wrote:

> [...]

See NAIS and ALSC reports :-)