From: "Sandy Harris" <sandy@storm.ca>
To: <ga@dnso.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 12:41 AM
Subject: Re: [ga] Request for a Clarifying Vote

: James Love wrote:
:
: > ... But with the next ICANN board meeting a
: > few weeks away, and almost zero bottom up statement
: > on the fundamental issue of how the board is going
: > to be elected, it would seem to me to be much more
: > important to focus now on the issue of board
: > selection.
:
: I agree.
:
: My opinion is that ICANN should live up to the
: commitments made at its founding and find a way
: to have open elections for half the board.
:
: I'll certainly grant that this isn't easy, but
: nothing I've seen to date convinces me it is
: impossible.
:
: Not have I seen any proposal for an alternative
: that appears likely to deliver adequate representation
: for the public interest.
: --
: This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.
: ("unsubscribe ga" in the body of the message).
: Archives at http://www.dnso.org/archives.html
:
: