Re: Truths (Re: [ga] Lies, damned lies, and votes.)

t byfield wrote:

>if you look back, i don't think you'll find a single person who
>claimed this. what you *will* find is a lot of opinions, as in,
>'i THINK motion #1 is MORE important.'

I stand corrected.
What I sould have said is:
"If you followed the thread, my comment was in reply to a series of comments
that claimed that Motion #1 was more important."
This is why I wanted to put on record my disagreement.

>the origin of this debate, afaict, is the tantrum thomas threw
>over my article on ICANN watch and, more important, his obstin-
>ate refusal to accept the fact that people are free to say they
>think motion #1 is MORE important. his outbursts in *at least*
>three forums set the tone for the subsequent 'debate,' which, as
>i said, consists of (literally) a handful of people repeating
>themselves ad nauseam.

Agree on the fact that people are free to say that they think that motion#1
is MORE important. Of course, I assume to have the freedom to note that
motion#2 gathered a wider majority (this being not an opinion, but a fact).
I also agree that we are repeating ourselves ad nauseam, and therefore I
will not restate where we disagree, and will restrain myself to further post
on the subject.

Best regards
Roberto