Re: [ga] Negative outreach norms, board claims regarding consensus in favor of "reform" efforts

Kristy and all assembly members,

Kristy McKee wrote:

> James,
>
> Your ideas seem very idealized to me.
>
> Why would a country who is famous for stuffing the government with
> un-elected officials suddenly stop and start playing along with the
> consensus game they made up to keep us busy?

  This is of course a very good question Kristy I must sadly admit.
My only answer is simply put that if they do not they will be creating
a political and trade problem that will be ongoing, increasing in
it's ugliness, and hamper and/or effect the national election
in 2004 to the extent I am sure neither party would desire...
There are some more more reasons of a much more minor
effect, but combined these sorts of problems can be and
have already been to a extent, very problemsom.

> There is no money in that.  There is no infamy.
>
> If the "problem" is with ICANN, isn't it really with the ICANNers and
> ICANNites?  Could we not solve our perceived difficulties simply by
> replacing all of the people currently involved?

  In effect the Rebid motion by Jamie would do exactly this in one
felt swoop, but would not necessarily replace ICANN itself in its
entirety nor should it necessarily effect dramatically the Registry or
Registrar contracts themselves.

> :)
>
> ~k

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827