Re: [ga] Negative outreach norms, board claims regarding consensus in favor of "reform" efforts

On 2002-05-08 20:21:55 -0400, Michael Froomkin wrote:

>>Of these, the first option (a different private entity) seems to
>>be the one least likely.

>I wish I agreed, but I don't. The US is very sensitive to EU and
>other concerns and wishes to have maximum distance from its
>'failsafe' role in running the DNS.  It wants the private solution
>very badly.

Your argument doesn't justify the conclusion: All you say is that
there will be continued private-sector control.  However, you fail
to point out what incentive the players involved (which include the
USG!) have to set up a DIFFERENT private-sector entity for
exercising that control, when they can just as well reform the
existing one.

--
Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/