Re: [ga] Re: [GA] Negative outreach norms, board claims regarding consensus in favor of "reform" efforts

At 19:59 09/05/02, Kristy McKee wrote:
>Thank you Jefsey,
>I enjoyed reading your commentary and appreciate quite a few of your
>points; however, if the Internet is to be run on MS OSs then I predict the
>Internet will stop working.  Even Microsoft uses UNIX OSs and software for
>their internal systems.  For example, they do not use Exchange, they use
>Send Mail on Free BSD.

I am afraid that MS is not exactly what you think they are. They are
virtual typewriter designers. They picked the worldwide market of
Remington, Olympia, Underwood, Singer, etc..  With this they added a few
other things they have embeded into Widows/IE building the people a window
on their yard and on their street.

What they own is the brainware of these people, who think "a la MS".. Now
they start owning their name through passport. Imagine what will be a
person who could not pay Microsoft's bi-yearly fee 10 years from now. No
DN, no IE, no e-mail, no Windows, nothing. He will not virtually exist
anymore. A zombi. Just real.

One of the last thing they do not own are the machines and the disks. In
buidling their own complex file system everything could be under Microsoft
... a danger. Will they implement it? probably as a compressed keyed
system. But most of all for a bartering with Govs. No total trust, no
anti-trust.

Obviously they will not use WinNT for infrastructure. NT was an error: they
should have purchased QNX but it was not for sale. But they now have Linux
and FreeBSD, not so good, but not too bad. Be sure that as soon as hey are
finished with the Legal Case, they will go ahead with it buynig Lindow as
they did with Citrix. Things take time. But why go fast and spend money
when old solution make money pouring in. They have several other obvious
"widgets" ... and the Internet is still using 1980 design.

Just put yourself in their perspective and consider that your business is
to get money from people who need you, so you only want to invest in what
will make more people to need you...

I wish we had mad a deal on the widget I need we would be rich by now...
Please just remember that he key to most of this is the joke of the
"authoritative root" ...
jfc

---