Re: [ga] Negative outreach norms, board claims regarding consensus in favor of "reform" efforts

Dear Thomas,
This is absolute nonsense

You plead the ICANN is the only chance to balance interests in the mission
creep area. Where it has  no mandate. No one wants the ICANN to have any
teeth to defend anyone. No one expects the ICANN to fall on any side. This
is actually what the consensus OPPOSES.
ICANN is not a government, it is a small technical registry. It is only in
being small, in being neutral and in treating everyone equal that it can
could protect everyone's interests and foster competition. Otherwise it has
absolutely NO interest and for many interests it is a DANGER they must control.

Public control will not result from a GA vote. It will come after reading
what you said, to investigate. Why do you think Lynn called the Govs? Have
you ever called the Cops?

After that you say what we all agree: that mission creep is absurd. And you
want to make us being absurd telling it? From what you say you are a
mathematician: I do hope your logic is better with numbers than with names.

As you known I a moderate about, Jamies motion. I think you are right: it
is urgent to vote it. As you way it will not kill the GA to ask for someone
reasonable to step in. Why would Lynn have alone the right to call for the
Govs?

I am going to petition the EEC, will you join us?
jfc

---