[ga] Mailing List Management - Two Corrections

On Sat, 7 Jul 2001 02:32:29 +1000, Patrick Corliss wrote:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc05/msg00582.html

> One problem is the number of people who use [ga-abuse] as a sort of
> *drop-in* chat room.  The worst offender, as you might expect, is Eric
> Dierker.  What that does is clutter the decision-making process.

On Sat, 07 Jul 2001 10:28:28 -0700, Eric Dierker replied:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03484.html

> I apologize for not noticing earlier but my name was referenced in the
> offending post in a negative manner that I believe may have contributed to
> this decision by Danny.  If that is the case I want to make sure that I in
> no way am insulted or bothered by Mr. Corliss's post.  It seemed fair
> comment to me.

On this I would issue a correction.   I should have said:

The worst offender, Eric Dierker, has now apologised and turned over a
new leaf  http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-full/Arc07/msg03406.html
However, unnecessary copies do clutter up the list and impede the list
monitors' decision-making processes.  The problem is still very real.

On Sat, 7 Jul 2001 21:19:47 +1000, Patrick Corliss also wrote:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03478.html
> Effectively you are saying that the Alternate Chair cannot report serious
> concerns in a private communication to members of the Names Council.

I would correct that statement also to read:

As Alternate Chair, I was reporting serious concerns in what I thought
was a *private* communication to members of the Names Council.

Regards
Patrick Corliss