[ga] Motion to the Chair

Dear Mr Chair and Mr Alt-chair of the GA,

The bandwidth of this GA is being wasted to the point that I fear many
subscribers have stopped reading most postings.
MOTION
I would like to request your instruction to the list monitors that ,
instead of judging and sentencing rulebreakers themselves , they are
authorized by the Chair to pass on names of offenders (people they get
repeated ga-abuse complaints about) to a List Polling Officer, who will put
up these names for an ostracism vote by the participants.
END OF MOTION

I strongly recommend that the members of this Assembly read up on
"Ostracism" in a good encyclopedia.

The Athenian Greeks, in their  quest for insurance against tyranny, found a
way to deal with destabilizers and obsessives in a fair and effective way.
Where we are dealing here with unfettered chaos, with rules that have
become worthless with being unenforceable.

We must make the step to functioning majority rule.

A moderator, if the wrong person, can become the tyrant. We now have two
moderators left. We should relieve them of the burden.

For instance, only a vote by all members can be fair and reasonable in
deciding whether a topic is "relevant to the GA". Personnally, I would only
accept a very trusted person to decide that for me.

I have a sample of two such votes currently up in the Polling Booth.
www.democracy.org.nz/vote1
There is a choice on a scale of one to ten, whether certain postings are
relevant.

Entry is free (without  password) as long as you have not registered with
the Chair or alt-chair to become a registered Booth voter.
When we have a sufficient number of registered voters there, we could hold
a secure vote.

I volunteer to become the GA Polling Officer or I am willing to stand in an
election for such an office.

Now please, let's get organized by ourselves, if it is too hard for the
Secretariat to help us with this.

The above motion to the Chair is open for seconds.

Joop Teernstra LL.M.,
councillor
InternetNZ