Re: [ga] motion to the Chair

At 11:23 13/04/01 -0700, Kristy McKee wrote:
>I second.

I too am generally supportive of Jefsey's wish for a WG.
There are people out there who want to make money off the emerging TLD
industry. As long as the integrity of the existing DNS is not threatened,
this is legitimate and can be beneficial to end users of Domain Names.
What needs to be discussed is regulation of this industry, as it has great
potential for registrar corruption and abuse-of-power.
As it is unlikely that the Board or the NC will initiate discussion of this
whitehot topic, it might as well be SIG volunteers from the GA in the best
bottom-up tradition.
I would suggest that the participation rules would demand a showing of
mutual respect or even outright friendliness , enforced by an elected
moderator as a condition for participation. :-)

A side benefit of creating the WG will be to get the most antagonistic
discussions off the main GA list, together with a commitment to come to a
recommendation to the DNSO.

As there has been opposition to creating such a WG, I would like to request
the Chair (old or new) to take the main thrust of Jefsey's motion to a vote.

>And thank you very much for joining us Mr. Bradley D. Thornton.

I am not so sure if I am so happy with the re-appearance of Mr Thornton.
(a.k.a. .satan.god)

If  you want to show your good will, Mr Thornton, I suggest that you start
with an apology to the people (myself included) that you have insulted or
slandered here in this forum.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
the Cyberspace Association and
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
Elected representative.
http://www.idno.org