Re: [ga] Fw: ICANN's Karl Auerbach responds to Joe Sims over .kidsdomain

Dear Jamie,
there is a notion no one contest from either side what ever the sides. It
is that the DNS is recursive. If you start considering the content of a TLD
you also start considering the content of a site or of a sub-site or of a
page or of a line. This is censorship: USCANN has a lot of experience and
projects in that area: like the absurd plans over .org (someone told us
about the possibility for the Congress to vote inapplicable laws, a
possibility apparently considered by the BoD)

Recursiveness has also an advantage: it works both ways. If they exclude at
TLD level they will be  excluded at root level. Obviously inclusive roots
are their competition, but when you read the proposed Bill: it excludes the
USCANN from its own root mission and actually makes the USCANN to be an
alternative root to the one proposed to the Congress. Since the master-root
would be defined by the Congress and the incomplete iCANN alternative
version should be given notice to load it.

Interesting.

Jefsey