Re: [ga] response to UDRP TF member message

These are some good qualities and some fair reasons for nominations.

"William X. Walsh" wrote:
You could do a whole lot worse than Dan Steinberg.

> Formerly (currently?) a moderator of the ORSC list, former initial
> member of the IDNO steering committee, member of the BWG, and someone
> who has earned respect even from those on the opposite end of this
> issue.
>
> He's someone they will listen to.  And his ability to make his case in
> both a compelling and professional manner is just one of many
> qualifications he holds for this position.

I am a huge fan of archives and our own history.  It is not difficult to find Mr.
Steinberg and he has contributed.  However we should always look to current
contributors.  This thing we are working with is dynamic if nothing else and if you do
not currently contribute you are not necessarily growing with the rest of us.

Next point is passion which was clearly lacking (in favor of other factors) in the last
go around.  We need someone yelling and screaming about our position.  I support the
theory regarding competence in negotiation but find no candidate lacking therein so it is
a non-issue, heck they can refer back here for any advice they need.

I am no longer torn between two fine friends, Jeff and Chris.  My dot commoners endorse
them both and I am sure that they will consult with each other who ever is appointed.

Let us move forward with a choice that will fight with dignity but not worry about their
residuals more than our need for a proper UDRP.

Sincerely,
Eric