Re: [ga] response to UDRP TF member message

I would like to revisit this issue in a different more global light.  Staff
puts out most of the position papers for ICANN.  I think it would be fair to
assume Mr. Cerf and Mr. Lynn's letters and papers go through Staff.  Staff
basically consists of lawyers. I think that is a fatal flaw, but nevertheless
true.

With that said I have a logical problem.  I think that we would do well not to
make the same kind of error on the other hand Mr. Mueller makes a good point.
I would rather our contribution be more of the "lay" variety but clearly you do
not send a grade school teacher to do battle with highly trained legal
combatant.

So by heavily waiting the top with legal experts they have defined the terms of
battle.  We ignore it and we will end up with martyrs, by engaging it we lose
one more link to dotcommoners.  I do not think a strick requirement should be
made, but we must determine our represenative to be an advocate and mouthpiece
for the GA.  Those type of skills must be present in our Rep. But I also do not
see anyone being considered who is not adequate in this regard.

Sincerely,
Eric