Re: [ga] response to UDRP TF member message

WXW and all assembly members,

  Dan is a fine person and in the past, was an active ICANN participant.
He indeed has some basic and fine experience as he has been a good
advocate for the ORSC as well as the old IFWP.

However he has not been seen on any of the ICANN related Mailing lists
for some time now and therefore is not current.  As such, his qualifications
for the representative of the GA possibly could be adversely effective.

William X. Walsh wrote:

> Hello Sotiris,
>
> Monday, July 02, 2001, 3:50:53 PM, Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:
>
> > Eric Dierker wrote:
>
> >> So by heavily waiting the top with legal experts they have defined the terms of
> >> battle.  We ignore it and we will end up with martyrs, by engaging it we lose
> >> one more link to dotcommoners.
>
> > And this is the very issue... bottoms up serfdom.  Although I shudder to think that
> > it has come to such a state of affairs... I will say that, if it needs be a legal
> > eagle who represents the GA, and Michael Froomkin is excluded via NC directive,
> > then there is also Rod Dixon.  If Rod likes, he has my nomination.  Those
> > interested in Rod's ideas on current UDRP matters should read his Response to the
> > WIPO Interim Report at: http://www.cyberspaces.org/wipo2response.html
>
> You could do a whole lot worse than Dan Steinberg.
>
> Formerly (currently?) a moderator of the ORSC list, former initial
> member of the IDNO steering committee, member of the BWG, and someone
> who has earned respect even from those on the opposite end of this
> issue.
>
> He's someone they will listen to.  And his ability to make his case in
> both a compelling and professional manner is just one of many
> qualifications he holds for this position.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>
> Userfriendly.com Domains
> The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net
> DNS Services from $1.65/mo

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827