Re: [ga] withdrawal of candidacy

At 03:03 04.04.2001 -0700, Eric Dierker wrote:
>I of course agree with this.  And so I post it.  I do not expect to be
>elected but I do expect to press a few points.  As Harald already said,
>even though I am a popular candidate and not a hand picked one like him,
>he refuses to even consider my posts.

That was a mistake, and I apologize for it.
As alternate chair, I cannot in good faith ignore any postings that make it
to the GA list, even though my personal inclination is quite different.

FWIW, I think there is no sense in harping on "popular" candidate or a
"hand picked" candidate. There are only candidates that got nominated and
accepted the nomination.

Eric Dierker might win the booby prize of least popular candidate, but that
is another matter. He is certainly at the top for most voluble candidate.

The voters have the decision.