[council]

RE: [council] NCtelecon 19 October 2000, agenda

I don't think that the suggested time slot for the Oct. 19 NC telecon
constitutes a fair compromise -- 5:00 a.m. USA Pacific Time is not the best
time to start your day and unreasonably early.

If we no longer want to rotate time slots, I suggest that we adopt Philip's
suggestion made in his email of Sept. 20  and start our calls at 15:00 Paris
time (which corresponds to 6:00 a.m. USA Pacific Time).  His email is pasted
below.

Before we go "crazy" in rotating times we may need to think through the
implications and recognise there may be optimal times to choose.

According to Elisabeth,
"Axel is in LA.
The majority of the NC is US East Coast or Europe CET or between.
Africans are in UTC, Latin Americans like US East Coast.
Hotta-san is in Tokyo.
Erica Roberts in Melbourne."

According to the World Time Server which adjusts for summer time,
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/
LA is - 9 hours from Paris time and Melbourne is +8 hours.
So, the best compromise in summer is a 15.00 Paris time, being 06.00 LA ,
22.00 Tokyo and 23.00 Melbourne. Any other time means someone is expected to
take a call unreasonably early or unreasonably late.

Philip