[council]

Re: [council] NCtelecon 19 October 2000, agenda

[">" = Ken Stubbs]

> i would appreciate some sort of " written report" (see caroline.. i am
> taking your suggestions)  to the council from the involved constituancies
> for our review prior to the meeting

With regards to the question of Nii's replacement, and also to point 16
of the agenda ("Report from the ccTLD's, current status with the Names Council"),
I can report that the ccTLD constituency is currently in the process of
electing new Names Council representatives. The election is being conducted
in two stages. The fist stage (the "Regional elections") is already finished,
and the five candidates selected (one per region) are now participating in
the second stage (the "Global election"). Voting is currently under
way, and it is scheduled to finish by October 25.

Therefore, independently of the reasons for the absence of Dennis from some
of the recent teleconfs and of Nii's ascension to the Board, our
constituency should have its three representatives for the marina del Rey
meeting of the Names Council.

Patricio Poblete
ccTLD constituency