Re: [wg-d] NC Elections. Was: ga] DNSO General Assembly - RevisedAgenda

> I think that either one is fine. Asking for the support of 5 people could
> be an interesting minimal psycological barrier to people unknown to the GA
> who want to nominate themselves and don't know anybody else.

Since the GA is going to have an election on the candidates in order to
create the panel of nominees that it sends to the GA, it is useful, that
candidates generate some minimal support.

Sure we can allow everybody to be on the ballot, but it subjects us to the
risk of that bugabear of some: candidates who are mere electronic
fictions.

Getting a minimal degree of support is a small, but useful speedbump
against those kinds of problems.

It is, of course, our role to structure that election process.  The role
of the NC is merely, in the words of the by-laws, to "adopt" those
procedures.

		--karl--