Re: [wg-d] NC Elections. Was: ga] DNSO General Assembly - RevisedAgenda

> Read the bylaws. The NC is a decision making entity, it can send to the
> Board whatever proposal is feels like.

Nope.  I read the bylaws.

They say: "The NC is responsible for the management of the consensus
building process of the DNSO."  Indeed the next sentence in the
by-laws indicates that "the substantive work of the DNSO" shall be
carried out by groups other than the NC.

"management of the consensus building process" involves merely
overseeing the creative work of other groups.

If one reads the language, nowhere does the NC have even the power to
move a comma of a substantive matter; the NC merely has the power to
determine whether consensus exists on a matter and is thence required
to forward it to the ICANN board.

> It can alter anything its wants

Nope.  Please cite authority.

I find no authority whatsoever for it to do anything but to facilitate the
work of others.

>, it
> can tell a WG that its results are of no interest whatsoever.

Nope.  If a WG says "DNS policy is X" the NC is obliged to accept if
if a consensus exists among the GA.  And that consensus is measured by
the working groups and GA's own procedures, ones that we are creating here.

> The NC
> represents the Internet Community proportionally, the GA doesn't, that is
> why the GA does not vote.

Where is the emotocon?  In truth, the NC represents a highly selective,
highly commercial view of the internet as a medium used for little but
commerce.  That is so obvious that one has to pause when someone tries to
seriousy assert otherwise.

> The role of this WG is to develop procedures within the bylaws, not to try
> to change them or change their meaning.

The WG's are free to interpret the by-laws and to petition ICANN's
board to make adjustments as necessary.

Neither this WG, nor the GA, nor the DNSO shall be coerced onto a
Procrustean bed.

May I suggest that each person here is but one member of this working
group, with but one vote.  No one person may dictate what this group can
and can not do.

		--karl--