[wg-d] The bylaws.

At 09:54 12/08/99 -0700, Karl Auerbach wrote:
>Since the GA is going to have an election on the candidates in order to
>create the panel of nominees that it sends to the GA, it is useful, that
>candidates generate some minimal support.

Karl,

We may each interpret the bylaws in a different way, but trying to come out
with procedures that say that the NC has no power whatsoever... and passing
them to the NC for approval, seems like a waste of time to me.

 As a member of the Names Council representing a constituency, I could not
approve them, because it means giving away all the power that my
constituency has in the process to whomever screams louder in the GA. As a
matter of fact, it means that the DNSO will be completelly inactive,because
nothing final will ever come of the GA on any issue.

The NC votes and elects directors. Yu can try to bend that as much as you
can, but it in the letter as well as the spirit of the bylaws. The GA
nominates, but it does not vote. It does not mandate the NC who it has to
elect, that is really trying to bend the bylaws.

Javier