Re: [wg-c] CONSENSUS CALLS -- THIS IS IT

At 04:47 PM 4/11/00 -0400, Jonathan Weinberg wrote:
>         James Seng, who's the co-chair of the IETF IDN WG, wrote to me
> that in
>his view the WG is on track to finish its work by July.  If we suggest a

The working group meeting in Adelaide, two weeks ago, had useful exchange.

However it was very clear that the group does not have a ready technical
solution that it will all rally around.  Hence the process is likely to be
longer than July, which is only 5 months away.

Based on the history of similar groups, my own guess is that they will do
very well to get a solid START by July.

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA