RE: [wg-c] Excellent suggestion from slashdot -- apparently not in 10-23 report

[Andrew Dalgleish]

What I don't understand is why we need TLDs in the form ".xxbanks"
(where xx is the country code).

Surely this should be handled under the relevant ccTLD?
(such that ".usbanks" becomes ".banks.us").

This would allow each country to regulate their own segment of the
domain name space, according to local needs and regulations.

Keep all country-specific domains out of the global name-space.
(This applies to *all* countries, not just the USA.)

Regards,
Andrew Dalgleish