Re: [wg-c] Excellent suggestion from slashdot -- apparently not i n 10-23 report

Andrew:
Functionally, the entire name space is global. This is true regardless of
whether the character string at the end (e.g., .au) refers to a specific
country or not. Therefore, I see nothing wrong in having character strings
in the top level that refer to regions, or companies, or country-specific
services. The decision should be driven by consumer demand, not by
preconceived notions of mapping the name space onto political geography.
--MM