[wg-c] RE: History & current events (RE: [ga] About GA membership again......)

Hello Simon,

I hope that you don't mind  my including WG-C in this. You see D'Crock has
been stating that the alternate root-servers have no bearing on the WG-C
discussions. It took you a while, but this message contains sound argument
that the alternative roots and TLD registries are very relevant.  Contrary
to what D'Crock states, those efforts were NOT rogue or renegade, although
some participants may have acted improperly, due to the frustration. It's
all about mis-managed expectations. The new TLD registries were lead to
believe that they would be able to do business, from the root, long ago.

Before anyone jumps on this, (I say this without casting any
value-judgements) Simon has presented sufficient argument, including
evidence well beyond the pale, that these are the true facts. Where it
impacts WG-C is the context under which we have to work. Promises were made
and expectations were set. Rightly or wrongly, they can not be ignored, as
D'Crock suggests. How we handle it is an altogether different issue.

<value-judgement>
BTW, this story paints the IAHC in a most vile color. Since, D'Crock headed
that effort, he gets painted with that same color. The two-year, continuous,
pogrom that, D'Crock has launched, and continues to maintain, to marginalize
those folks as rogue and renegade, is most vile indeed. Chris Ambler is
correct, these were pioneers. D'Crock is wrong, they are not rogues. They
were following a process that the IANA itself set in motion, under color of
the USG/NFS, just as the IAHC was also a part of that process. It is too bad
that the leader of the IAHC effort decided to try and re-write history, by
attempting to blot out the pioneer effort. A lot of this bickering wouldn't
exist.
</value-judgement>