Re: [wg-c] OFF TOPIC: Jamie Love on Microsoft settlement

Thanks for the note Marty. Having been part of the putting together of the
first X/Open Consortia, missed the Hamilton Group, doing the second X/Open
Consortia (subsumming the HG effort), the conduct remedy isn't one I hoped
the DoJ would settle for. It lacks point and edge.

If the same line of thinking were applied to the DNS monopoly market, it
must also yeild something along the lines of reform of NSI's conduct, with
no substantive change in the numbers of distinct business or non-business
entities involved, nor any substantive changes in their numbers, except
through some slight-of-the-free-markets-hand, which is rather iffy to bet
policy on, whether the policy is pro-marks, pro-jurisdictions, or even
pro-bono.

Heck, didn't the NSI SRS meet the conduct remedy? Shouldn't we all smile
and go home? (no)

Cheers,
Eric