RE: [wg-c] Application Requirements

This is from the PTO website for .xxx

"Current Status: A non-final action has been mailed. This is a letter from
the examining attorney requesting additional information and/or making an
initial refusal. However, no final determination as to the registrability
of the mark has been made.

Date of Status: 1999-11-12"

The applicant probably filed a defective specimen after the notice of
allowance issued and that produced an office action.

It is theoretically possibly to offer .XXX brand .com registration services
but that would not be a registration in the TLD suffix (this applicant also
identifies services other than domain name registration).  If the applicant
runs an alternate root and is offering .XXX brand .xxx registration
services and the specimen indicates as such, the examiner will bounce the
application per guideline 2-99.