RE: [wg-c] FW: ADNS Press Release

I was pointing out to you, that your statement didn't apply. A product that
does not work is a failure to deliver the product. My statment clearly
included a qualitative delivery of product to end-user. Those that defraud
customers essentially, and by definition, fail to fulfill a promise of
delivery. I am carrying through on this because I think that you have
implied that alternate root-services are frauds, simply by offering
alternate root services. This is the vilification I was speaking of. It is a
point that begs to be answered.

> Selling them an alternative root, claiming that it will work fine, is
> fraud.  Particularly after the seller is aware of the IAB paper.

The IAB paper is out of bounds. As a working Architect myself, I recognise
that the boundaries between technical, business, and legal can sometimes get
very blurred at that level. However, the IAB paper is speaking well beyond
the scope of the IAB. As such it is strictly an opinion piece, much like
opinions expressed in the local gossip column, and having similar weight.

What is indeed a fraud is that the IAB lends its weight behind such a paper,
claiming that it is within technical scope. The IAB should limit itself to
its charter and leave the integration of business/technical/legal
architectural issues to those of us who practice it for a living, IMHO. As
much as I like some of the IAB members, I have a well known history of
disagreement with the IAB.

> ps.  Though it is great fun to debate this issue, we have already
> consumed
> too much wg-c bandwidth.  Hence, I'm done with my contribution to
> the sequence.

These issues are very much pertinent to the WG-C. You cannot trot out the
IAB pony and simply leave it here. Care for it and feed it, or trot it back
out again.

R O E L A N D  M .  J .  M E Y E R ,  C E O
Morgan Hill Software Company, Inc.
Colorado Springs, Colorado - Livermore, California.
http://mhsc.com/~rmeyer/resume
Tel:    1+925.373.3954
Fax:    1+925.373.9781
mailto: rmeyer@mhsc.com
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Meyer;Roeland
FN:Roeland Meyer
ORG:Morgan Hill Software Company, Inc
TITLE:CEO
NOTE:Thawt ID: US-CO950902385-1   third-level root passwd
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(925) 373-3954
TEL;HOME;VOICE:(925) 373-9385
TEL;PAGER;VOICE:(925) 397-8868
TEL;WORK;FAX:(925) 373-9781
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;445C E. Cheyenne Mtn. Blvd.=0D=0A#115;Colorado Springs;CO;80906;United Sta=
tes of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:445C E. Cheyenne Mtn. Blvd.=0D=0A#115=0D=0AColorado Springs, CO 80906=0D=0AU=
nited States of America
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:rmeyer@mhsc.com
REV:20000131T181053Z
END:VCARD