RE: [wg-c] FW: ADNS Press Release

Josh,

Most of us, even the glacial WG-C participants, are "trying to figure out
how to accomodate [some] demand through the introduction of new gTLDs in
the current root system", however we have our share of unusual participants
who find significance, whether alarm or attraction, in ephemera.

The 40 or so new-to-WG-C (since the December vote list-freeze) can figure
out for themselves why sundry alternate-rooters "contribute" to attempts to
add to the ICANN-root. One works for NSI, so that is a no-brainer. Others
are anti-ICANN (or more broadly not keen on CORE, ICANN, or any institutional
capacity for binding policy making, governmental, multi-lateral, or Postel
cloning), another no-brainer. Still others opportunistically anticipate the
viability of business or social models sooner (or better) outside of the
unique DNS root.

Aside from getting them to self-identify and flesh out their agenda, I don't
see much point in bothering with them. Productive discourse has been tried,
Dave, Kent or I have, with no discernable effect.

Cheers, ("chearZ" if recourse is made to some quasi-random alternate root)
Eric