Re: [wg-c] Special characters in DNS names

Folks,

>WRT native language character sets:
>
>I have looked and thought over Bill's ideac wrt NUBIND and other instances

Changes to DNS technology are not part of this working groups's scope, or
any other DNSO working group's scope.  For that matter, there is extensive
pre-IETF work that has been led by Tin Tan Wee and which is in the process
of forming an IETF working group.

DNSO working groups have a sufficiently problematic track record of
non-accomplishment to strongly suggest that we need fewer distractions, not
more.

We should focus on the work we need to get done.

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA

Gong Xi Fa Cai   /  Selamat Tahun Baru Cina