Re: [wg-c] nine principles for domain names

Regarding principles or rules:

I perfectly expect that a legitimate and reasonable proposal
for a new TLD will be some sequence of characters that make no sense in
English or any European language but make complete sense in some Asian
language.

Since the suggested principles/rules all carry a strong aspect of
linguistic and cultural predetermination, I suggest that they are not
particularly useful principles/rules for a global, multi-cultural,
multi-lingual, internet.

As for the pricniple/rule of "Trust" - Why?  That seems to be to be based
on the presumption, an incorrect one in my mind, that TLDs are assumed to
be marks of some good or service.  I hardly see the DNS system as an
appropriate vehicle for some sort of guarantee or impramateaur of quality
or safety.

To my mind these principles/rule are "chartered-TLDS-lite".

		--karl--