Re: [wg-c] non/for profit

At 07:09 15-11-1999 -0800, Kent Crispin wrote:
>In fact, there is a high
>*positive* correlation in the former case, and a high *negative*
>correlation in the latter -- for profit companies, almost by definition,
>are not in it for "selfless" reasons.

Dear Kent and Milt:

Certainly a "for profit corporation", if publicly traded, will migrate
rather promptly toward  profits and away from "selfless public service --
if the share holders have any say about it.  The President who does not is
soon to be the Ex-President;-}

BobC

"I've sawed this board off three times, and it's *still* too short".

Carpenter foreman.