Re: [wg-c] The legal status of registries

Again, not a single concern raised here is something that cannot be addressed by
reasonable contractual obligations in the delegation contracts.

BTW, I take exception to your use of the term "non-competitive" for the "for profit"
model.  They are competitive, and must remain competitive, with each other.  Despite
all your cries of "Lock-In" as the banner of your war against for-profit registries,
the fact that you can't escape is that a team of EXPERTS, economists with the
Federal Trade Commission, people who deal with these types of issues EVERY DAY, and
in deed help form and shape federal policies in such areas, have determined that the
"lock-in" argument is very weak at best, and indeed not a valid reason for exclusing
for-profit registries.

How do you refute that, John?

You can't, so you and the others who refuse to accept a situation where for-profit
and non-profit compete equally for market share try and pretend that report doesn't
exist, and delete references to it from messages you reply to. (you personally are
not guilty of the last, but others on that side of the arguement are)

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934