Re: [wg-c] The legal status of registries

At 03:49 AM 11/15/99 , John Charles Broomfield wrote:

Although it is very much favoured to ignore the facts, I think that as we've
all evolved, the true two diverse positions that are up for discussion are

There are two other meta diverse positions.  One that applies
a common carrier regulatory model to the provision of private
name resolving services for TLDs, and another that allows anyone
meeting minimal technical criteria to provide those services.

The two positions you describe do not account for nearly all
existing TLDs.

is enough oversight there by the general public and by world governments
(particularly by USgov through DoC and NSF) to make sure that they won't
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^ don't think so.
How about DOJ?

--tony