Re: [wg-c] bounced message, reposted for ... and The limits of .

On 12-Nov-99 Kent Crispin wrote:
> If another ethnic group (or indeed any group) could show a coherent
> proposal for rules concerning names with similar legal standing and so
> on,  I see no problem with them getting a TLD -- in practice I don't

If any of the Anglo-Saxon ethnicities were to try and get an exclusive ethnic group
TLD, it would be tagged as a racist action.  I think the same would be said for any
of the larger ethnicities.  Ethnic groups can only get away with things like this as
long as they are a defined minority.  And frankly, I think it inappropriate to open
the door to them at all.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934