Re: [wg-c] Unofficial report on L.A. meeting

Eric:
Position Paper B, which Chris Ambler AND Paul Garrin endorsed (no mean
achievement, given that one is suing the other), explicitly states:

"many of the signatories of this report supported the 6-10 proposal as
the lowest-common denominator for widespread agreement in the
working group." It goes on to add that "the proposal is far too limited
and imposes undue restrictions on competition, innovation, and
cultural diversity."

Put in simple English, 6-10 new TLDs are preferable to no new TLDs.

It is perfectly reasonable for the position paper to emphasize that
acceptance of a limited number of new TLDs is less desirable than an upfront
commitment to add more.

It is obvious that your only interest in this process is the adoption and
implementation of a specific TLD. In that regard your status is exactly the
same as Chris Ambler. Should your proposal fail to make the initial cut, your
only hope for your proprietary .NAA TLD could very well rest with the gradual
acceptance of more liberal policies. Bear this in mind as we move forward.