Re: [wg-c] .com vs. ccTLDs in Europe

Looming at similar statistics a few months ago, I came up with the estimate
that com has 25% of the domain name registrations in the UK, about 10% in
Germany, and slightly over 50% in France. (France has no one but itself to
blame for NSI's market share, in my opinion, because until very recently it
tried to impose an arcane SLD structure on registrants and adopted very
restrictive policies.) In general, although we lack the statistical data to
prove it, I suspect that there is a positive correlation between the market
share of the NSI gTLDs and the restrictiveness of a ccTLD's policies.
--MM