From: John Charles Broomfield [mailto:jbroom@manta.outremer.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 10:33 AM
To: dcrocker@brandenburg.com
Cc: ross@ebarn.com; wg-c@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [wg-c] Motion to Postpone

> At 07:59 PM 9/28/1999 , Ross Wm. Rader wrote:
> >This couldn't be further from the truth. The fact remains that this
> >represents a significant change to the current landscape. Further, it was
> >quite unexpected given recent events. Time must be taken in order to
> >evaluate the relevance of these events and how they might, or might not,
> >affect our position and statements.
>
> In fact short of NSI pursuing a frivolous lawsuit, in the hope of getting
> sympathetic judge, the announced arrangement has always seemed the most
> likely, starting all the way back to almost 3 years ago.
> d/

Hi Dave,
	I think I agree with you that it is the most likely outcome.
However, as there are so many TLD-owner-wanabees out there, the whole
process has dragged along like crazy. Now it is quite clear (at least to me)
that TLDs are *not* going to be "given away". As we now have a distinct
position on that, it would seem that we CAN finally move forward.

Yours, John Broomfield.