Re: [wg-c] Restatement of the compromise consensus

At 12:03 PM +0100 9/23/99, Dave Crocker wrote:
>I normally try to edit down the message I'm responding to, to focus
>on the specific parts triggering the response.  In this case I'm
>including the whole message to underscore a point I consider quite
>significant:
>
>One of the ways to determine the presence of a true rough consensus
>for a controversial topic is the see whether participants with a
>history of very different perspectives agree in this particular case.
>
>Hence I want to comment that Milton's note matches my perception of
>the situation and presence of rough consensus EXACTLY.

I find it absolutely remarkable that in a case where people who have
traditionally been on opposite sides of the fence (i.e. myself and
Milton "vs." Dave etc.) actually agree on something, that it can
STILL be held up and claimed that there be a lack of consensus.  It
seems as if the roll out of new gTLDs is being hijacked by a small
faction even more radical than we are :-)