[wg-c] Re: Status of our TLD request?

Eric --

	This is a response in my personal capacity, not in my capacity as co-chair
of WG-C.  As you will have seen from reading the archives, the working
group hasn't reached any agreement regarding the mechanism through which
new TLD registries and strings should be chosen; accordingly, we haven't
had much basis for discussing the desirability of particular TLDs.

	Position statements for the interim report must be submitted *by members
of the working group*.  OTOH, it isn't difficult to become a member of the
working group; just send a note to Javier or me asking that you be added.
(It might be reasonable to close membership of the group at some point.  In
fact, though, we've been adding members steadily all along -- one as
recently as this past Wednesday -- and we'll probably get a set of new
requests for membership, from folks on various sides of the issues, after
the interim report is made public.)  If you choose to become a member of
the WG, you will have the right to submit a position paper, as set out in
Friday's message.

Jon

Jonathan Weinberg
weinberg@msen.com