[wg-c] Omthaloskepsis devined at last;-)

Dear Colleagues:

My class Listserve at Caltech is having a thread on the subject of
Omthaloskepsis.

We went back and forth with persons posting messages making reference to
Omthaloskepsis.

Most of the discussion revolved around what happens to an aluminum can with
a vacuum if you instantly open the top, does it move to the right or to the
left.

We don't know, we have considered why there is thunder (air rushes into the
vacuum), but no authoritative answer to the can.

However, one classmate just posted the following:

Omthaloskepsis is the art of gazing at one's naval.

Seems to me we've done a lot of that and never knew its right name;-}

Regards, BobC

"Measure thrice and cut once."
 From "Little Britches".
FaxSav Stamp: