Re: [wg-c] compromise proposal

> > I suspect that this formulation helps answer Chris's question as
> > well.  With the opportunity to authorize six to ten new registries, if
> > ICANN excludes any major player, it won't be for lack of a slot to put
it
> > in.
>
> I could simply ask, what if there are 11 qualified applicants?
>
> Why not set down criteria FIRST, see how many applicants there
> actually are that meet the criteria, and then decide. Less than 10,
> proceed. More than 10, cross that bridge and work out a solution
> now that there's a known quantity involved.

This is irrelevant to the process. In my mind, the test-bed would be
implemented solely for the purpose of tweaking the business, operational and
technical processes and *not* to pander to individual or corporate
interests. The number can be created arbritrarily without deference to the
points you raise above for the simple fact it is a *pilot* project - not the
final implementation.

-RWR