[wg-c] Toasted: compromise proposal

This whole issue may have just been made moot. I haven't read the ORSC
list for a while and when I did there was a surprise waiting. A
gentelman, Robin Nixon, was raising quite a stir amongst the ORSC. It
seems that Robin is registering domain names in ALL TLDs. The URL is
<http://www.tldns.com>. I sent Robin an e-mail and we spoke last night.
Yes, he is quite aware of our activity. He is not ignorant. He is
depending upon market forces for his business plan, he claims to already
have 500,000 domains registered. We arranged a verbal NDA so I can't
talk about anything that I don't already know to be public information.

Apparently he has money. He is moving fast, real fast. He claims 10,000
domain names per day, over 5 root servers. This is not a PG Media
replay. We discussed business and revenue models, his seems sound,
although his deployment seems a bit shakey (a result of deployment
speed). He is following the "just do it" plan.

At this time, MHSC neither condemns nor condones the actions of
TLDNS.COM.

Roeland M.J. Meyer, CEO
Morgan Hill Software Company, Inc.
http://www.mhsc.com/