Re: [wg-c] compromise proposal

> I suspect that this formulation helps answer Chris's question as
> well.  With the opportunity to authorize six to ten new registries, if
> ICANN excludes any major player, it won't be for lack of a slot to put it
> in.

I could simply ask, what if there are 11 qualified applicants?

Why not set down criteria FIRST, see how many applicants there
actually are that meet the criteria, and then decide. Less than 10,
proceed. More than 10, cross that bridge and work out a solution
now that there's a known quantity involved.

Christopher